Business RM's Use of Tax Returns
This course is specifically designed for the business banking relationship manager working with complex business and personal tax returns.
When the closely held business borrows, it does so only when the owner gives his / her personal guaranty. Very common. The business banking RM uses both the business and the guarantor's personal tax return to:
- Get a feel for the cash flows available to service debt.
- Sell additional product or services to the customer.
- Help the RM understand the tax planning behind the numbers they see on the complex business and personal tax returns. This understanding makes them more valuable to the customer.
- Identify opportunities for the RM to sell additional product / services to the business and the business owner.
- Teach the RM how to calculate the stand alone cash flows of the business and the guarantor using the 'No Questions Asked' Cash Flow Approach. As the name suggests, the RM uses only the tax return sans asking the customer questions.
- Teach the RM how, and when, to blend the stand alone business and personal cash flows to create a 'global' cash flow model.
What you get:
Full Training Manual including slides, case studies and suggested solutions.
Cash Flow Templates (3):
- 'NO QUESTIONS ASKED' Business Tax Return RM's Cash Flow Template
- 'NO QUESTIONS ASKED' Personal Tax Return RM's Cash Flow Template
- RM's Global Cash Flow Template
- Business banking RMs working with the closely held business and its owner
- Private Bankers (customers owning closely held business interest)
- Wealth Management Advisors (customers owning closely held business interest)
- Credit analysts who generate cash flow analysis
Live, in-house, bank sponsored
Michael G. Jellison, CPA comes to your bank and presents the two day course for your bankers. This saves you the travel costs for your bankers. And, because only your bankers are present, you can choose to have the course customized for your bank's procedures.
Minimum number of participants is 25.
Two consecutive days - 8:00 to 5:00 (or your custom hours)
Webinar delivery makes it possible for any banker to take the course. It's not dependent on bank sponsorship and the minimum participant requirement. It's the perfect solution for the single banker or the bank looking to train a limited number of participants. It's also the solution for the bank that initially opts for the live, in-house presentation and later needs to have a limited number of new hires take the course via the web.
Can't participate in the live Webinar? No problem. The live Webinar is recorded in full and you can access it on your own time frame.
Want to be notified by email when this Webinar course is released? This link does just that.